It's NAV terms and conditions
Article 1 (Definitions)
The terms listed in each of the following items shall have the meanings defined in each of the applicable items.
- "The Company" shall mean Zenrin DataCom Co., Ltd.
- "The Service" shall mean such services that enable a search or view of the database information including map, sightseeing, and gourmet information or any other information provided by the Company.
- "Contents" shall mean HTML files, text, still images, moving images, sounds, programs, and other information displayed on the Service.
- "Indexed Data" shall mean index data that the User will register by himself or herself with regard to the Contents on the Service.
- "The System" shall mean a series of systems, including servers managed and operated by the Company to offer the Service.
- "Another Company's Site" shall mean a website that is linked to the Service and is offered by a company other than the Company.
- "Intellectual Property Rights" collectively shall mean copyrights, industrial property rights, and other intellectual property rights (including the right to obtain these rights).
Article 2 (Rights of the User)
- The User shall be entitled to use the Service through a personal computer, smartphone, or feature phone possessed by the User under the Terms.
- The User shall be entitled to print out the Contents onto paper media or to prepare image files, such as PDF, only by means of the printing function preset by the web browser that the User can regularly use. Provided, however, that the User shall be entitled to make the applicable printout and preparation only within the range of nonprofit and private use stipulated in the Copyright Act of Japan(the range limited to personal use or inside the family or similar thereto).
Article 3 (Modification of the Terms)
Article 4 (Notice)
- The Company shall notify the User of necessary matters from time to time by displaying them on the website of the Service, sending by email, or by any other means that the Company considers appropriate.
- Notice in the preceding paragraph shall come into force from the point when it is displayed on the website or sent by email, in the event the Company gives applicable notice on the website of the Company or by email.
Article 5 (Usage Fee)
Unless otherwise stipulated by the Company, the usage fee of the Service shall be free. Provided, however, that the fee may be charged in whole or in part in the future. When having determined to charge for the Service in whole or in part, the Company shall notify the User of the applicable determination under the provisions in Article 4.
Article 6 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- The User may use the Service or its Contents for personal and non-commercial purposes only.
- All the Intellectual Property Rights related to the Service or Contents shall be proprietary of the Company or a third party who granted a license to the Company.
- The User shall recognize that the Service or Contents are protected by Intellectual Property Rights of the Company or a third party who granted a license to the Company. Therefore, except when the Company approves expressly or approval has been obtained from the owners of Intellectual Property Rights, any reproduction, transcription, extraction, process, alteration, adaptation, transmission and grant of use by a third party of the Service or Contents (including reproduction, output or extraction of the Service or Contents in whole or in part and any other use, no matter what form it may be) shall be prohibited for any purpose regardless of with or without charge, loan, grant of license, transmission, or any other means whatsoever.
- The User shall be prohibited from adding, deleting, or modifying the Contents except when the owner of Intellectual Property Rights to the Contents removes the Contents possessed by the from the Index Data of the Service according to the method separately determined by the Company. Also, the User shall be prohibited from modifying the Contents, breaking the security, or using the Service for any purpose other than that intended originally without prior written approval from the Company.
- In the event the User inputs information on the Service, the copyright of the applicable input information shall belong to the User. Provided, however, that the User shall grant to the Company a free, non-exclusive right to use the applicable input information (regardless of any form, such as reproduction, extraction, process, alteration, adaptation, transmission, sale or re-licensing) for an indefinite period of time and shall not exercise the moral rights of the author towards the Company or a person designated by the Company.
Article 7 (Advertisement)
- The Company shall be entitled to post advertisements and publicity (hereinafter referred to as "Advertisements" of the Company or a third party in part of the Service.
- When using the Service, the User shall agree that Advertisements are posted on the web browser, and hyperlinks to Another Company's Site are included in the applicable Advertisements.
- The mode, form, and range of Advertisements on the Service may be changed at the sole discretion of the Company without giving the notice set forth in Article 4 to the User.
Article 8 (Compliance Rules)
When coming under any of the following items, the Company shall be entitled to delete information input by the User without notice to the User. Provided, however, that the Company shall not assume any obligation to monitor or delete information input by the User.
- When using the Service, the User shall comply with the following rules:
- Do not alter information of the Service (including Contents) while accessing the Service.
- Do not transmit a harmful computer program to the Service or the email address of the Company.
- Do not enter the Service by unauthorized means.
- Do not input information which falls within any one of the following items:
- Information that can or may identify an individual, such as the name, address, and telephone number of the User or any other person (excluding the case when input is made in response to a request by the Company);
- Information that violates public order or morals;
- Information defined as an indecent picture or document;
- Information related to a criminal act;
- Information including illegal contents;
- Profit-oriented information;
- False information or information that causes misinterpretation of facts;
- Information that slanders or defames or may slander or defame the Company or a third party;
- Information that infringes or may infringe the property, privacy, portrait rights, publicity rights, other rights and interests of the Company or a third party;
- Information that infringes or may infringe an Intellectual Property Rights of the Company or a third party;
- Information coming under a religious activity or a political solicitation;
- Information that prevents the application or use of the Service;
- Information that may bring about or foster any one of the above items; and
- Any other information prohibited by the Company.
When setting a direct link to the Contents on a personal website, the User shall not be entitled to use the Service for the purpose of offering information to a third party in Item (4) of Paragraph 1 directly or indirectly. Upon receipt of a request to stop the applicable use from the Company, the User shall immediately meet such request.
- When the information input by the User has exceeded the capacity set by the Company;
- When the period set by the Company has passed since the information was input;
- When the Company has judged that the contents of the information input by the User falls within any one of the sub-items of Item (4) of the preceding paragraph;
- In the event of any other case that is judged necessary by the Company.
Article 9 (Cautions)
When using the Service, the User shall pay attention to the following matters for the User's own safety.
- Driving a car, motorcycle, or bicycle or walking while viewing the screen is very dangerous. Therefore, be sure to stop at a safe place before checking the contents.
- Traffic regulation information, map information, traffic congestion information, route information, route search results, facilities information, or any other information in the Service is reference information. Therefore, priority shall be given to the actual situations of the sidewalk and roads and traffic rules.
- By the reason mentioned in the preceding paragraph, do not use the Service for directions to police, fire stations, hospitals, clinics and other emergency service providers.
- In the event of a search for the nearest railway station, not all the station names are always displayed.
- The results of a train route search may differ from the actual operating situation because no consideration is given to the impact of variations in transfer time, waiting for last trains, extra trains operated to meet events, suspension of train services, or service disturbances due to work or accidents, weather conditions, or traffic conditions.
Article 10 (No Warranty)
- The Service shall be used under the personal responsibility of the User, and the User shall agree to the following matters:
- The Service does not always meet the use purpose or request of the User.
- The Service will not always be offered in the future.
- Information on the Service (including Contents) is not always correct, and the User shall not submit a complaint about the applicable information.
- Software used in the Service may not always be problem-free.
- Errors in the software used in the Service will not always be corrected.
- The Server that offers the Service is not always free of viruses or risks for any other reason.
- The Service does not promise a certain level of service to the User.
- The content and specifications of the Service may be changed at any time at the sole of the Company.
- In the event a link to Another Company's Site set on the Service, the Company neither warrants nor assumes responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, and safety of Another Company's Site and shall not assume any responsibility for any damage resulting from the use of Another Company's Site by the User.
- Downloading and use of software offered as a result of a search by using the Service shall be conducted under the responsibility of the User, and the Company shall not assume any responsibility for the applicable download and use.
- With regard to advertisements to be posted on the Service, except as related to the products or the Services of the Company, the Company shall not warrant the accuracy, completeness, and safety and shall not assume any responsibility to the User.
- In addition, with regard to damage resulting from a transaction between the User and the advertiser through the applicable advertisements and damage resulting from the posting of advertisements on the Service, the Company shall assume no responsibility for any damage.
- In order to use the Service, it is necessary to access the Internet. The User shall prepare the necessary equipment, software, and communication means under its own responsibility and expense, and these shall be installed and operated properly. The Company shall not be involved at all in the User's preparation and method of accessing the Internet.
- The Company shall not warrant the accuracy of the information (including Contents) that the User has obtained through the Service, and the Company shall not warrant that the Service does not infringe any of the rights of a third party.
Article 11 (Disclaimers)
- The User shall agree that the Company will not assume any responsibility for damage caused to him or her directly, indirectly, specially, accidentally or consequently for any of the reasons below, and the same shall be true of the case when the possibility of such damage has been suggested to the Company.
- The User has used or has failed to use the Service;
- The User has spent money to exchange a product or to replace a service which was transacted or of which information was obtained through the Service;
- Unauthorized access or illegal alteration has been made to the information transmitted by the User or data of the User;
- Remarks, transmission, or any other act made by a third party;
- Any damage arising from or in connection with any other matters pertaining to the Service;
- The User shall agree that even in the event the Service has failed to satisfy the User, the only remedy of the User will be to stop the use of the Service.
Article 12 (Compensation to the Company)
In the event damage to the Company has arisen due to the initiation of a complaint, a claim for injunction, or a legal action from a third party in relation to any of the following items, the User shall agree to compensate for the applicable damage (including attorneys' fees) and to assume responsibility and expenses, holding the Company harmless from responsibility.
- Information transmitted from the User or the account of the User;
- Breach of the Terms by the User; and
- Infringement by the User of the rights of a third party.
Article 13 (Handling of Personal Information)
- The Company may request that the User provide personal information in the Service. The provision of the applicable personal information shall be at the sole discretion of the User. Provided, however, that without providing personal information, the User shall agree that he or she may not be able to use part of the Service.
- The Company shall use the personal information of the User within the following range of purpose.
- In order to provide the Service to the User;
- In order to provide website service such as inquiries from the User;
- In order to announce various campaigns for new products or updated versions;
- In order to perform market analysis, plan of new products, and improve or enrich the quality of other products and services of the Company. (Note, however, that personal information will be organized as statistical information within the mode and range that will not allow identification of an individual and will be used for reference.)
- Advertisements by transmitting e-mails or any other means to notify the User of the services, products, and campaigns of the Company or a third party, such as a business affiliate or partner of the Company
- Selection of prizewinners for present campaigns, shipment of prizes, and notification related thereto.
- When the User uses the Service, information such as positional information (hereinafter referred to as "Accumulated Information") will be accumulated temporarily in the System. Processing Accumulation Information into information that cannot identify an individual user and into general and statistical data and providing processed data to a third party for the purpose of improving the quality of the Service, developing and providing a more efficient destination search announcement service by the Company, or for other purposes that the Company considers useful or appropriate.
- The User shall agree to each of the following items with regard to cookies (hereinafter referred to as "Cookies"). Note that Cookies shall mean the small information file that is exchanged between the User and the website.
- Cookies are used in the Service;
- In the event cookies are disabled with the browser setting, the Service may not be available in part.
- For effective advertisement delivery, the Company uses advertisement delivery services (hereinafter referred to as "Ad Delivery Services") offered by the following third parties (hereinafter referred to as "Advertisement Delivery Company"). In addition, in the event the User accesses a website specified by an Advertisement Delivery Company through an advertisement delivered by the Ad Delivery Company, the Ad Delivery Company will obtain cookies, based on which the Ad Delivery Service shall be provided to the User.
- Cookies collected in Item (4) shall not be provided or disclosed to the Company and shall be managed under the privacy provisions stipulated by the Ad Delivery Company.
- In order to disable the Cookies set forth in Item (4), the User shall follow the information displayed on the page of confirmation of the state of cookies by the Ad Delivery Company. The Company shall be entitled to change handling of the preceding four paragraphs as necessary in response to the establishment or revision of the laws, ordinances, and any other regulations.
Article 14 (Handling of Authentication Information)
- To receive the Service, the User needs to input authentic information, such as ID and password (hereinafter referred to as "Credentials"), on the website. The User shall manage and use the Credentials with the care of a good manager under his or her own responsibility and shall not have a third party use the Credentials. The User shall agree that any acts performed by using the Credentials shall be deemed as the acts of the User who possesses the applicable Credentials. In the event damage is caused to the Company due to an unauthorized use of the Service as a result of the User having a third party use the Credentials or using of the Credentials by a third party, the User shall compensate for all damage (including attorneys' fees) incurred to the Company.
Article 15 (Interruption of the Service)
- When conducting maintenance or inspection of the System periodically, the Company shall be entitled to temporarily interrupt the provision of the Service, in whole or in part, by giving prior notice to the User in accordance with the provisions stipulated in Article 4.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Company may temporarily interrupt the provision of the Service, in whole or in part, without giving prior notice to the User under the provisions set forth in Article 4 when coming under any one of the following items:
- In the event the System is maintained or inspected in an emergency;
- In the event the provision of the Service has failed due to an accident, such as a fire or power failure; a natural disaster, such as an earthquake or flood; or a war, riot, or labor dispute;
- In the event provision of the Service has failed due to a failure of the System;
- In the event the Company has judged it necessary to temporarily interrupt the Service for an inevitable operational or technical reason.
Article 16 (Rejection or Stop of the Service)
The User who does not comply with the Terms shall agree that, the Company may reject or stop the provision of the Service at its sole discretion to the User.
Article 17 (Termination of the Service)
- The Company shall be entitled to terminate the Service, in whole or in part, for the User by giving prior notice to the User as stipulated in the provisions of Article 4.
- When having terminated the Service after giving the notice set forth in the preceding paragraph, the Company shall be exempted from any claim for compensation or indemnification for any damage or loss to the User that arises in connection with the termination of the Service.
Article 18 (General Provisions)
- The User shall be prohibited from performing any acts such as transferring, succeeding, selling, changing the name, pledging, or otherwise making available to a third party the whole or a part of the rights and obligations under the Terms.
- The Terms shall be construed under the laws of Japan, and the laws of Japan shall apply to the settlement of any dispute arising related to the Terms between the User and the Company. The User and the Company shall agree that any lawsuit that has become necessary relating to the Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court.
Enforcement: October 21, 2008
Revision: November 7, 2012
Revision: October 5, 2015